The Popular Sunday Gravy: Delicious Food
Sunday is mostly a family time for most of the individuals. After a long week, we all cherish the Sundays with food and entertainment. Moreover, some families prefer going out on Sundays. Some of the families cook their favorite meals together. The non vegetarians prefer meat dishes on the weekend. Sunday Gravy is one of the popular concepts around the globe. The Campo family was the first to cook the basic Sunday Gravy. The name doesn’t mean you can only coo these on Sundays. However, this gravy was a must in the Campo family on the weekends. This is a delicious gravy and a perfect blend of veggies and meat. You can prepare it easily within minutes. The taste and the aroma of this Sunday Gravy are sure to rejuvenate your senses.
The Ingredients For The Sunday Gravy
- One lb. of baby pork back ribs
- One pound of neck bones of pork
- A three-fourth pound of Italian sausage
- Two thin slits of lamb shoulders
- Two cans of tomatoes
- One tablespoon of virgin olive oil
- One garlic clove
- Two cans of tomato puree
- One-fourth cups of white wine
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of black pepper
- One tablespoon of chopped basil
- One tablespoon of chopped parsley strands
- Half teaspoon of dried oregano
- One-eighth teaspoon of red chili flakes
- One cup of grated cheese
Step By Step Process Of Preparing This Gravy
Many families prepare the Sunday Gravy with more veggies. However, the traditional one comes with more varieties of meat. You should follow the recipe accurately to get the perfect aroma and taste.
- You should first wash and clean the meat pieces thoroughly. Moreover, this is essential to avoid the raw smell of the meat.
- You should preheat the microwave at 400-degree Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Grease the aluminum tray and the parchment paper for the meat.
- You will now place the ribs, neck bones, sausages, lamb chops on the tray. However, season these with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook these in the oven for at least 40 minutes. However, you need to turn the pieces upside down after the first 20 minutes.
- You can cut the tomatoes in dice shapes and separate the seeds.
- In a pan, add virgin olive oil and garlic. You can now add the tomato puree to this.
- You will fry the garlic and the tomato for about 4- 5 minutes. You can add the salt, pepper to this pan. Cook all these at a low temperature to reduce the tangy taste of the tomatoes.
- Add a cup of slightly warm water to the mixture and allow it to simmer.
- You can now add the white wine and the herbs in the pan. The oregano, basil, and parsley will infuse completely in the gravy.
- You can add the remaining tomatoes to the gravy and keep it in low flame for 15 minutes.
- You will add the meat pieces to the gravy and mix them for 30 minutes.
- Serve Your Sunday Gravy with cheese on top.