SPICY MEXICAN SHREDDED CHICKEN
Shredded chicken is one of the most popular food, amongst other foods in Mexico. It is the most loved chicken recipe, which takes less than 30 minutes in preparation. Chicken lovers will be delighted when served this dish with different dips, tacos, enchiladas, wraps, or salads. The shredded chicken in the dish gets the whole new and yummy taste of chicken. The loving factor is that this recipe requires the ingredients which are readily available in your regular pantry, and you don’t have to go out for extraordinary shopping. You can prepare this recipe of Spicy Mexican Shredded Chicken in a pressure cooker or an instant pot.
The Ingredients You Will Need For The Recipe Are As Below :
- Olive oil: You can even use any other vegetable oil which you have available at your home. Olive oil is made from olive, and it has many pleasant flavor characteristics, and hence it is preferable.
- Shredded Chicken: Using boneless and skinless chicken is advisable. The breast part is what I suggest, but you can also use boneless chicken thighs.
- Spices: You will need black pepper and some kosher salt to add taste to the chicken. To give a seasonal flavor to the chicken, you can use ground cayenne, smoked paprika, and some oregano flakes or chili flakes. As Cayenne is a hot chilli pepper, you should use it accordingly.
- Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce: This is a smoke-dried ripe chilli pepper and is mildly spicy, hence soaking it in warm water, and then using it will be a good thought. Please don’t use more than one pepper as it will give a bitter taste to the dish. Use ½ tablespoon of the adobo sauce to add seasonings to the recipe.
- Spicy Mexican Hot Sauce: You can use this sauce only if you can handle the spiciness in your dish. This sauce is not relatively spicy, but the latter you have to make from the chipotle pepper. There are different kinds of Mexican sauce available in supermarkets, but you can use your type.
- Freshly chopped Coriander: If you are using all of the chicken at one stance, then only I recommend you to use coriander. Chopped coriander gives a better taste in any recipe, but you should first confirm that whosoever you are serving the dish likes cilantro or not. If not, you can serve it in a different bowl. This ingredient is optional.
How To Cook Spicy Mexican Shredded Chicken :
- Roast the Chicken: First, sprinkle the chicken with pepper and salt to give a taste. Then warm the olive oil in your pressure cooker over medium flame. Once the oil catches the required heat, roast the chicken pieces for few seconds on each side.
- Add all your ingredients: Put all the rest of the ingredients into the pressure cooker. Muddle all the ingredients till the chicken pieces are immersed in the sauce.
- Pressure Cooker: Lower the flame to low and cover the pressure cooker. Cook for 20-22 minutes and turn off the stove. Allow the pressure to release naturally, then remove the lid.
- Shred the Chicken: Use tongs to differentiate the chicken and shred it with different two forks. Add the chicken back to the pressure cooker and add the toppings of coriander and sauces. Mix all the ingredients well.
That’s it!! Serve with burritos, wraps, or salads and enjoy!!
Here’s an amazing product, which is an excellent kitchen tool for you.
You can now easily smash the garlic with the help of this stainless steel garlic crusher. You have to put the garlic in the tube and then press the holder back & forth, and it will crush the garlic. Its dimension is 15.5 x 3 x 4cm. The material that it uses is stainless-steel zinc alloy and plastic. One package contains one stainless steel garlic crusher of metallic colour.