Chinese Shrimp recipes are hot and spicy and also full of flavor. Here are a few shrimp recipes that you can make at home in Chinese style. Now there is no need to invest in costly takeout food as you can make them yourself.
Recipe 1 – Spicy Shrimp
- 1 shallot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 750 gm jumbo shrimp
- 2 cayenne peppers
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp white wine
- Take oil in a skillet and add the shrimps. Saute until ready and keep aside.
- Saute the peppers, shallot, and cayenne peppers in the same skillet.
- Add the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, wine, cornstarch and mix well.
- Add the shrimps and let simmer in the sauce for some time.
- Serve hot.
Recipe 2- Spicy Shrimp Tagine
- 3 garlic cloves
- Fresh cilantro
- 500 gm shrimp
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp spice blend
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- Wash the shrimp pieces well.
- Get the garlic ready by peeling and mincing it.
- Chop the cilantro and keep it aside.
- Immerse the shrimp for 5 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Remove the shells of the shrimps, but keep the tails intact.
- Dice the peppers.
- In a pan, take some olive oil, add the 4-spice blend, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add the peppers and saute.
- Mix the shrimp and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe 3 – Spicy Shrimp and Asparagus Chinese Stir Fry
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 17 shrimp
- 230 gm asparagus
- 2 red chillies
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp cane vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Peel the shrimps, remove the shells but keep the tails intact.
- Wash the asparagus and cut off the ends. Slice each spear into 4 pieces.
- Take some oil in a hot wok and add the shrimps. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Remove the shrimps from the wok and keep aside.
- Repeat the same process with the left over shrimp.
- Add oil to the wok and add the asparagus, chillies and garlic. Stir fry for a few seconds but ensure that the garlic does not burn.
- Add the shrimps to the wok and add the vinegar, wine, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Stir again for a few seconds and then add the water to make a gravy.
- Simmer for 30 seconds and then cook again.
- Arrange the shrimp and asparagus on a large plate and serve with hot rice.
These are some amazing Chinese food hot and spicy shrimp recipes. These recipes can be made very quickly and served immediately. These Chinese recipes are sweet and spicy and taste divine even when had as a side dish or with rice.